HIS KIDZ is the theme and mission for our ministry to boys and girls at Chapin Presbyterian Church.
Hearing the truth
In worship & prayer
We have a loving, safe environment for children of all ages. Our dedicated teachers and volunteers engage our children in fun, memorable, and Christ-centered activities that help them learn and apply the Bible to their hearts. Throughout the year, special events are planned for our children, including Vacation Bible School, the living Easter story and Egg Hunt, Christmas musical programs, and much more.
Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me;
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
— Matthew 19:14 —
We welcome children from Newborns to three-year-olds, believing that no one is too young to hear about Jesus! Our nursery is a priority. We know that Jesus loves each one of the precious children that come under our care.
Lauren Peters is our Nursery Care Giver. She provides consistent, loving care for our littlest ones every Sunday morning.
We use The Gospel Project by Lifeway, a family friendly, Christ-centered curriculum with take home activities. Every class from babies through fifth grade centers on the same Scripture reinforced by songs, crafts, snacks and games.
All children are welcome to Worship with their families. If parents prefer, KidZ through first grade may remain in their classrooms for Children’s Church following Sunday School. Lessons continue on the same Scripture with more kid-friendly fun, centered around Jesus.
Treasure Seekers Club
We believe the Word of God is one of our greatest treasures. The Seekerz memorize one selected Scripture from our lesson. Twice a year we celebrate those who have “hidden God’s Word in their hearts” (Psalm 119:11) with a special event.
Join us at CPC on Sundays at 9:15 and again from 5:00-7:00 as we hang out, have fun, eat, and grow closer to Jesus together! This group is for all current 5th and 6th graders, led by parents and some awesome adults who love preteen kids! Every month we have at least one fun activity (Hi Wire, Campfires, Swimming party, etc.) and one service project to help others in our community. All 5-6th graders are invited and encouraged to bring friends.
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” (James 4:8)
2018 Fall Schedule
- October 28: GRAVITY at CPC from 5:00-7:00 Come dressed in a fun, non-scary costume. We will have lots of food, candy, games and fun!!!
- November 3: (SATURDAY) Meet at the Boys Farm in Newberry from 10:00-12:00 to help with needed improvements around the farm (painting, fencing, clearing trails) and to hang out with the boys there, play soccer, etc. RSVP to email@example.com if you are coming!
- November 4: NO GRAVITY ACTIVITIES ON SUNDAY.
- November 11: GRAVITY at CPC from 5:00-7:00. Food, fellowship, games, fun and more about Jesus!
- November 18: CAMPFIRE, SMORES, and JESUS! At the Huggins’ home, 1056 Point View Rd, Chapin
- November 25: NO GRAVITY this SUNDAY since it’s THANKSGIVING weekend…enjoy time with your family!
- December 2: Service project…stay tuned!
- December 9: GRAVITY at CPC from 5:00-7:00
- December 16: CHRISTMAS PARTY!
- NO GRAVITY on DECEMBER 23 or 30! Enjoy celebrating Christmas with your family!
One of our church’s greatest traditions is our prayer stones. Baskets are in the lobby filled with small stones inscribed with a child’s name. Each family may choose one stone, and pray for that child every day for a year. Prayer calendars, with dates and Scriptures, are provided with the stones.
Music is a vital part of reinforcing the Word of God and worshiping Jesus. We involve our children musically in Sunday School as well as providing the following opportunities:
HisKidz Ringer (Handbells) – Sundays 10:15 am – 10:25 am
The Kidz prepare and participate during worship services throughout the year.
- KidzSpot: Starts back in September and meets once a month.
- Walk with Jesus and Egg Hunt: A special drama “walk through” experience focused on the last week of Jesus’ life. Followed by an Easter egg hunt and a meal.
- Vacation Bible School: Each summer during the third week of July we celebrate Jesus! VBS runs Monday – Friday, from 9:00am to 12:00pm. Families are invited for a program and dinner on Friday night. Join us next year for VBS!
The safety of our children is very important to us. All our workers have background checks through SLED, have filled out an application and have been trained in safety procedures.
Our ministry could not happen without our amazing volunteer team. If God is calling you to share the love of Jesus with children, come be a part of our team and make an impact that lasts a lifetime.